What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application.
We use them to:
- Remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again. And again. And again.
- Help us understand how people are using our services, so we can make them better
- Allow us to calculate how many visitors we have – anonymously, of course – and how long they stay on our site.
You can change your cookie settings at any time. And you can find out how to stop your browser tracking your info here.
There are different types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Third-parties. Some tracking cookies are set by third-parties to show ads (through our website and other websites) that match your preferences. These cookies can be removed in a central location through Your Online Choices, which ensures the fact that they will not be set on any other website.
It is possible to determine through your browser settings (Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Mozilla or Opera) if and what type of cookies you accept. Where to find these settings, is different for each browser. Please use the help feature of your browser to find the exact location and method.
How can you opt-out?
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies and many websites will not work properly or you will lose some functionality. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our Website for these reasons.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. Generally you have the option to see what cookies you’ve got and delete them individually, block third party cookies or cookies from particular sites, accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is issued or reject all cookies. Visit the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu on your browser to change settings, and check the following links for more browser-specific information.
Settings for performance cookies
It is possible to opt out of having your anonymised browsing activity within websites recorded by performance cookies.
HiganasBoats uses the following companies and you can opt out of their cookies by clicking on the relevant links. Please note that this will take you to the relevant third party’s website and generate a ‘no thanks’ cookie, which will stop any further cookies being set by those third parties.Don’t forget that by not allowing performance cookies, this stops us from being able to learn what people like or don’t like about our Website so that we can make it better.
Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Settings for advertising cookies
Please note that if you want to opt out from receiving targeted advertising, this does not mean that you will receive less advertising when you use our Website. This just means that the advertising you see will not be as customised to you.
However if you still want to switch off third-party advertising cookies, you can turn do this by visiting the Internet Advertising Bureau’s consumer advice site, Youronlinechoices.com This will give you a list of all cookies that are currently set on your device and how to opt out of each of them. We have also set out link below of partners we work with who set cookies on our websites. You can opt-out by clicking the link below.
Cookies that we use
|Name||What it’s for||Time of storage||More information|
|__cfduid||Secure connections only||Session (Cleared on browser close.)||HiganasBoats|
|_dc_gtm_||Used by Google Analytics for visitor tracking. Cleared on browser close.||Session (Cleared on browser close.)||Used by most sites. Used by most sites – it does not track or store personal data. Learn more about Google Analytics cookies.|
|_ga||Used by Google Analytics for visitor tracking.||Expires after 26 months.||Used by most sites. Learn more about Google Analytics cookies.|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.||24 hours||Used by most sites. Learn more about Google Analytics cookies.|
|You Tube||We embed videos in our website from YouTube channels using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.||To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page|